H4 Prelube #89
Saturday, November 11, 2017:
- 5:30pm - District Distilling, 1414-1418 U St NW, Washington, DC 20009
- Either hang out in the bar or tour the distillery (includes tastings!). Tour and tastings free for Veterans (bring ID), $10 for everyone else. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/complimentary-spirits-tastings-distillery-tours-tickets-39230555648
- 7:00pm - Ted’s Bulletin, 1818 14th Street NW, Washington, DC 20009
- Grab some grub and some seriously tasty Adult Milkshakes.
- 9:00pm - The Big Hunt, 1345 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036
- The Devil’s Kitchen bar in the basement has stand-up comedy shows at 8 and 10pm for $15 each and a free show at 11:30. Seating and standing room in the Devil’s Kitchen is first come, first served, so make sure you’re down there before it fills.
H4 Trail #89
Sunday, 10:00am November 12, 2017
A to Z; bring your metro card to get back to start.
Hares away – 9:45AM
Pack away – 10:00AM SHARP! We will be starting this trail on time to facilitate an overdue naming!!!
Honor our Veterans! And… Just Cait needs a name!!!
Hot Tub Slime Machine, Just Cait, French Toasted, Runs for the Border
The Windom Place entrance to Soapstone Valley Park. 38.945500, -77.063514. Closest address is The UPS Store at 4401-A Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20008 (if you’re looking at UPS, start is to your right).
There will be marks to start from Van Ness-UDC Metro Station, which is a tenth of a mile from start.
Take metro to Van Ness-UDC and follow marks to start. If driving, use your GPS! If you’re technologically challenged, get a librarian to show you how to print directions from Google Maps.
Yay for Sunday!!! If you have a hard time finding a spot, park on Audubon Terrace NW and walk through Soapstone Valley Park to get to start.
On On On Brunch:
District Kitchen 2606 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20008
$17 Bottomless Mimosas
Trail Length (Approx):
Eagle- 7 Miles
Turkey- 5 Miles
Penguin- 3 Miles
Shiggy Rating: (1=None to 10=Jungle Bushwacking)
Eagle - 6
Turkey - 4
Penguin - 3
Eagle - yes
Turkey - yes
Penguin - yes
Brunch - no
Eagle - no
Turkey - no
Penguin – yes, though from mile 0.6 through mile 1 you might find 3 short spots to be a little bit difficult. Have another wanker assist at those spots.
Brunch - yes
USE VESSELS AT THE END. Bag vehicle provided, but we’re going to have to schlep stuff a ways at the end so keep it to a minimum, please.
On "Day of Rest… Fuck Th@t!" On