Saturday 7:00pm- March 12, 2016
Downtown Bethesda Bar Crawl
Starting half mile from Bethesda Metro, and right next to the big parking garage
7PM - Gringos and Mariachis
8PM - Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery
9PM - Flanagan's Harp and Fiddle
11PM - Tommy Joe’s Bar & Grill
H4 Trail #61
Sunday 10AM- March 13, 2016
A – B
Hares away – 9:45AM
Pack away – 10:00AM SHARP! Sign in at 9:30am.
Green Eggs and Hash... Adult Easter Egg Hunt and Winery ON After
Straight in the Navy, Grinding Nemo, Deaf Lesbian, S'Not
Parking lot for Seneca Creek Landing near Riley's Lock on the C&O Towpath
Rileys Lock Rd, Seneca, MD 20874
No...not going to happen. Closest metro is Shady Grove in Rockville which is over 13 miles away
Be careful while driving on River Rd through the city of Potomac as there is speed cameras.
Yay for starting trail in the middle of nowhere! The start is a really big dirt parking lot. As long as there isn't a huge amount of cyclist cuming to this area on this day there should be plenty of parking.
On On On Brunch:
There's nowhere in the area for brunch, so the hares are bringing brunch to you at the winery on Rockland's Farm. Address for the farm is:
14525 Montevideo Rd, Poolesville, MD 20837
Ughh... did you not read the theme of trail? It's Green Eggs and Hash... There will also be a vegetarian option too if not a carnivore.
Trail Length (Approx):
Eagle- 6.5 miles
Turkey- 5.5 miles
Penguin – 4 miles
Shiggy Rating: (1=None to 10=Jungle bush-wacking)
Eagle - 8
Turkey - 7
Penguin - 5
Eagle – Nope.
Turkey – Not recommended
Penguin – Tough dogs only
Brunch – Nope. Sorry, this is an operating farm, and they don't allow dogs.
Eagle – Nope.
Turkey – Nope.
Penguin – Nope!
Brunch – Yup.
- This trail promises to be a historic trail in more ways than one, so make sure you don't miss it.
- St. Patty Day and Easter are right around the corner, come dress as favorite green Irish bunny, that being said there will also be an adult Easter egg hunt on trail
- Long socks are highly recommended on trail. If you don't have them then you are in luck as are Habadasher would be glad to sell you some.
- Be sure bring dry shoes and a change of clothes. Vehicle runs will be made to start after circle.
- This is a $10 trail because the hares are providing you trail and brunch.
- Trail ends at a farm and winery which is where brunch will be. The $10 does NOT include the price for wine tasting. Wine tasting is an additional $10, which gets you samplings of five different wines and chocolates to pair the wine with. All wines will be available to purchase from the winery
- The farm that trail is ending at, also runs a market which sells fresh grass fed beef, pork, goat cheese, fruits, vegetables, you get the idea.
On-to-the Ides of March Winery-On